My font- Focus group

In this blog I will be showing the research of my focus group. The primary research I will be showing the results of is a focus group including various members of my school, in which they will be criticising the different fonts I have found, which will then be used for my title.


After looking at the results from my focus group I can conclude that the two most popular fonts were infact Primetime and Timeline.

The main reason for this was due to me explaining the overall storyline for my movie and the genre (sporting drama) it will be. I had also showed them other different fonts from movies such as Rocky and Southpaw which both had sans-serif fonts. The reason sans-serif fonts are commonly used is due to sans-serif being used in action, drama and more serious types of movies were there fonts would be bold and powerful. After telling and showing my focus group the common conventions of sporting drama titles, the two fonts above the rest were timeline and primetime. Both of these fonts are extremely bold and serious, which coincides with the movie and the story line.


Timeline was given a 8/10 by my focus group with 4/5 members saying the font was perfect for the sporting drama and the common conventions found in sporting drama founts.

Primetime was given a 10/10 by every single members of my focus group. Saying the boldness of the font came off extremely strong and powerful. It also represented the sport of rugby extremely well due to the harsh and powerful nature of the sport.



Comments